* VR operation offers the equivalent of using a shutter speed 3 stops (eight times) faster*
* Two VR modes are available; Normal and Active
* Four ED glass elements including one Super ED glass for a lower refractive index and reduced dispersion
* SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for quiet high-speed autofocus
* M/A mode for quick switching between autofocus and manual focus operation
* Meniscus protective lens for reducing ghost reflection
* Focuses down to 1.9m (6.2 ft.)
* Dust and Waterproof rubber sealing mount
*As determined by Nikon performance tests.
Lens construction 13 elements in 9 groups (3 ED and 1 Super ED glass elements), as well as 1 meniscus protective lens
Picture angle 12°20' [8° with Nikon digital cameras (Nikon DX format)]
Number of diaphragm blades 9 (rounded)
Minimum f/stop 22
Closest focusing distance 1.9m
Maximum reproduction ratio 1/8.1
Macro focusing N/A
Focus-limit switch: Available
M/A mode Available
Focus lock button Available
Weight (approx.): 2,900g
Dimensions (approx.) (from the cameras lens mounting flange) 124×203 mm
Lens cap Slip-on
Lens hood HK-31 (supplied)
Lens case CL-L1 (supplied)
Tripod collar Does have (rotatable)
External front filter attachment frame N/A
External front filter N/A
Slip-on filter 52mm
Built-in/rear filter N/A
Circular polarizing filter Only the dedicated slip-in circular polarizing filter C-PL3L (optional) is usable.
Circular polarizing filter II N/A
TC-20E/20E II Usable.
TC-17E I Usable.
TC-14E/14E II Usable.
Infrared compensation scale N/A
Supplied accessories Slip-on front lens cap, Rear lens cap LF-1, Slip-on Lens Hood HK-31, Semi-soft Case CL-L1, Slip-on filter holder, 52mm screw-in NC filter, Strap LN-1
Aperture ring N/A
Distance scale Does have
Material of bayonet ring Metal
VR operation works with the Nikon F6, F5, F100, F80, F75, F65, D3, D700, D2-series, D1-series, D300, D200, D100, D90, D80, D70-series, D60, D50 and D40-series.